“Which hero were you calling, sir?”
Let’s face it…we all have times when it might be nice to call a hero to rescue us.
However, they aren’t all equally appropriate in all circumstances. If an asteroid is about to crash into the Earth, the Lone Ranger isn’t going to do you much good.😉
Here are some pop culture lines about when (or how) you call a particular hero…how many do you know? I’ll post the answers in the next few days. Feel free to guess by commenting on this post, but please, do not look them up first. That’s not trivia: that’s just research.🙂
Who do you call…
- …when criminals in this world appear and break the laws that they should fear?
- …when the FBI is helpless?
- …when it looks like you will take a lickin’?
- …when there’s something strange in your neighborhood?
- …any time there’s a rumble out West?
- …when things get rough?
- …when the going gets tough?
- …when there’s a hold-up in the Bronx?
- …when all my dreams have fallen down?
- …when we’ve got some work to do now?
- …when your back is to the wall and there’s no one else to call?
- …when some crimes go slippin’ through the cracks?
- …when there’s trouble, you call…?
- …when you need some teenagers with attitude?
- …when you need a knight without armor in a savage land?
- …wherever there is danger?
- …when your signal watch goes zee-zee-zee?
- …when there are people crying for help?
- …when you need someone to to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless?
- …to stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness?
I think some of these are fairly easy, but some may be quite difficult.
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the The Measured Circle blog.