Norm Alden reported dead
Norm(an) Alden had a searing intensity and seriously rugged features…as though his chin could break an iceberg, and his gaze could burn a hole in it.
While he often played macho types, it wasn’t all about his looks…he did quite a bit of voicework as well.
He did a lot of Westerns, but his geek credits are solid. They include:
- The Nutty Professor (the Jerry Lewis original)
- The Sword in the Stone (the Disney version…as Sir Kay)
- My Favorite Martian
- Honey West
- Batman (the Adam West series…he was one of the Joker’s henchmen)
- Ben (the sequel to Willard with the Michael Jackson theme song)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask (the Woody Allen movie)
- Kung Fu
- Super Friends (he voiced Aquaman)
- Planet of the Apes (the TV series)
- Electra Woman and Dyna Girl (he was a regular as Professor Frank Heflin)
- Samurai (TV movie with an earthquake generator)
- Fantasy Island
- The Greatest American Hero
- The A-Team
- Back to the Future
- Transformers: The Movie (the 1986 movie…as both Kranix and Arblus)
- Sledge Hammer!
- Small Wonder
- They Live
- Roller Blade Warriors: Take by Force
- Ed Wood
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Even though it may not qualify, I can’t leave out his regular role as Coach Fedders on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.
Good-bye, Norm Alden…the world is more complacent without you.
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the The Measured Circle.