Box office quiz 2010 #1
Summer’s officially over (although summer movies are still making money). I thought it might be fun to do a quiz on the box office so far. We’re looking at the US dogro (domestic gross) for movies released in the US this year. I’ll give you the answers in a future post. For the big picture, see our regularly updated recap, Movie Box Office: 40, 80, 1, 2 3.
1. What movie has made the most money this year?
2. How many of the top ten movies are cartoons?
3. How many of the top ten are original stories (not sequels, remakes, or based on something else like a book)?
4. What is the biggest money-making movie this year directed by an Oscar-winning director?
5. What R-rated movie has the biggest dogro this year?
6. How many of the top ten movies are sequels? Based on a comic book? Based on a book? A remake?
7. Which non-animated comedy has made the most money this year?
8. How many of the top ten already have sequels (not spin-offs) announced?
9. How many of the top ten have videogame tie-ins?
10. How many of the top ten were released in 3D?
This post by Bufo Calvin originally appeared in the The Measured Circle.